PO Box 609 • Perkinston, MS 39573
Telephone: (601) 928-5211 • Fax: (601) 928-6386
Community Campus (Established 1996)
10298 Express Drive • Gulfport, MS 39503
Telephone: (228) 897-4360 • Fax: (228) 897-4375
Jackson County Campus (Established 1965)
2300 Highway 90
PO Box 100 • Gautier, MS 39553
Telephone: (228) 497-9602 • Fax: (228) 497-9604
Harrison County Campus (Established 1965)
Switzer and DeBuys Road
2226 Switzer Road • Gulfport, MS 39507
Telephone: (228) 896-3355 • Fax: (228) 896-2520
Perkinston Campus (College division established 1925)
Highway 49 South
PO Box 548 • Perkinston, MS 39573
Telephone: (601) 928-5211 • Fax: (601) 928-6345
George County Center (Established 1972)
11203 Old Highway 63 South
PO Box 77 • Lucedale, MS 39452
Telephone: (601) 947-4201 • Fax: (601) 947-4899
Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center
(Established 1964—Relocated 1991)
Bernard Bayou Industrial District/Intraplex 10
10298 Express Drive • Gulfport, MS 39503
Telephone: (228) 897-4360 • Fax: (228) 897-4375
West Harrison County Center (Established 1985)
Long Beach Industrial Park • Espy and B Street
21500 B Street • Long Beach, MS 39560
Telephone: (228) 563-2220 • Fax: (228) 868-6060
Keesler Center (Established 1973)
500 Fisher Street
PO Box 5008 • Biloxi, MS 39534
Telephone: (228) 897-3891 • Fax: (228) 435-1542
Naval Construction Battalion Center (Established 2000)
Moreell Building 60, room 227
1800 Dong Xoai Avenue • Gulfport, MS 39501
Telephone: (228) 897-3795
Haley Reeves Barbour Maritime Training Academy
1000 Jerry Saint Pe' Highway • Pascagoula, MS 39568
Telephone: (228) 935-0487
Bryant Center at Tradition (Established 2018)
19330 Highway 67 • Biloxi, MS 39532
Telephone: (228) 267-8636 • Fax (228) 267-8644
Harrison, Stone, Jackson, and George Counties Cooperating
"In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972 of the Higher Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and other applicable Federal and State Acts, the Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College hereby adopts a policy assuring that no one shall, on the grounds of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or qualified disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the College. The Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes students and employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or qualified disability."
Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title II of the Age Discrimination Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is coordinated by the Compliance Officer, Perkinston Campus, P. O. Box 609, Perkinston, Mississippi 39573, telephone number 601-528-8735, email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
This publication is intended to be a helpful source of information about the opportunities for educational advancement offered by Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. The college offers the first two years of university parallel programs covering a broad scope of courses, plus more than 46 technical and career programs. This bulletin covers general academic requirements and procedures, student activities, curricula, and course descriptions. Also included are descriptions of the physical facilities on Jackson County Campus at Gautier, Harrison County Campus at Gulfport-Biloxi, both non-resident, and Perkinston Campus at Perkinston, which has residence hall facilities for men and women. Information is also included on the George County Center, Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, West Harrison County Center, Bryant Center, Keesler Air Force Base Center, and the Navy Base Center. Information is organized into six parts as outlined in the table of contents, each furnishing information to students and/or their parents, spouse, or guardian. Specific topics may be located by consulting the index. A better understanding of the institution, its philosophy, offerings and advantages will be gained by reading this bulletin in its entirety.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is accredited by the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate of Arts degrees, Associate of Science degrees, Associate of Applied Science degrees, certificates, and diplomas. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
The following programs hold specialized professional accreditation:
ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING — Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211 (601-432-6486) and nationally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, Telephone number 404-975-5000.
*COSMETOLOGY – License #510549/Registration #08-135 (George County Center) and License #519406/Registration #08-11943 (West Harrison County Center), State of Mississippi Board of Cosmetology, 239 North Lamar Street, Suite 301, Jackson, MS 39201, Telephone number-601-359-1820. www.msbc.ms.gov.
CULINARY ARTS TECHNOLOGY AND BAKING AND PASTRY TECHNOLOGY – American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC), 180 Center Place Way, St. Augustine, FL 32095, Telephone number 904-824-4468. Website www.acfchefs.org.
EMS‐PARAMEDIC — (CAAHEP) Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763, Telephone number 727-210-2350, email@example.com, under the recommendation of (CoAEMSP) Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Professions, 8301 Lakeview Pkwy, Suite 111‐312, Rowlett, Texas 75088, Telephone number 214-703-8445, Website www.coaemsp.org.
*MASSAGE THERAPY – License 1711, Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy, 353 South Fourth Street, Morton, MS 39117. Telephone number 601-732-6038. www.msbmt.ms.gov.
MEDICAL ASSISTING – (CAAHEP) Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763, Telephone number 727-210-2350, firstname.lastname@example.org, under the recommendation of (MAERB) Medical Assisting Education Review Board, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 1575, Chicago, IL 60606, Telephone Number 800-228-2262. Website www.maerb.org.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY – (NAACLS) National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 5600 N River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018‐5119, Telephone number 773‐714‐8880, email@example.com.
PRACTICAL NURSING — Mississippi Department of Education/Mississippi Community College Board (MCCB), 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211, Telephone number 601-432-6518 and nationally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, Telephone number 404‐975‐5000.
*PROCESS OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY – (NAPTA) North America Process Technology Alliance, 1501 N. Amburn Road, Suite 3, Texas City, TX 77591, Telephone number 903-237-9382. Website www.naptaonline.org.
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY — (JRCERT) The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiological Technology, 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, Telephone number 312-704-5300, firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESPIRATORY CARE TECHNOLOGY – (CoARC) Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care, 264 Precision Blvd, Telford, TN 37690, Telephone number 817-283-2835. Website www.coarc.com
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY – (CAAHEP) Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763, Telephone number 727-210-2350, email@example.com, under the recommendation of (ARC/STSA) Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, 6 W. Dry Creek Circle, Suite 110, Littleton, CO 80120, Telephone number 303-694-9262, firstname.lastname@example.org
*These programs are not federally recognized agencies.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunities in all its activities, programs, and employment. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability. The College complies with non-discriminatory regulations under Title VI and Title IX. All inquiries concerning discrimination should be directed to the appropriate Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Representative listed below:
Community Campus - Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center:
Dr. Wayne Kuntz
Jackson County Campus:
Michelle Sekul, Jason Ferguson
Harrison County Campus:
Blythe King, Dr. Erin Riggins
Navy Base Center:
Dr. Jason Beverly, Rebecca Layton
George County Center:
West Harrison County Center:
Maritime Training Academy:
Bryant Center at Tradition:
Drug-Free Workplace Policy
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, as revised by the Drug- Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989, Public Law 101-226, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is required to notify employees and students that the unlawful manufacturing, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of a controlled substance or alcohol is prohibited in the college environment. The college has adopted and implemented an educational, assistance, and referral program for students and employees.
Rehabilitation Act and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College complies with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Information regarding disabilities, voluntarily given or inadvertently received, will not adversely affect any admission decision. If you require special services because of a disability, students and potential students should notify the CTE Support Services Personnel at the campus/center on which you expect to enroll and employees should notify Human Resources department at District Office. Detailed information on processes and contact personnel for potential and current students can be found in the Students With Disabilities of this catalog. This voluntary self-identification allows Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College to prepare appropriate support services to facilitate your learning and/or employment.
Student Right-To-Know and Campus Security Act
In compliance with the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act, Public Law 101-542, November 8, 1990, as amended 1993, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College provides statistical data on its graduates. The MGCCC Annual Fire Safety and Security Report can be found on the college website under Disclosures and Compliances. For further information, contact the Dean of Student Services on each campus.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and its subsequent revisions deal with educational records of students. The purpose of the law is to define who may or may not have access to student records. The law allows students and parents of dependent students, as defined by the IRS, access to the individual student's educational records. MGCCC will release directory information on students to any interested member of the public unless the student requests that it be withheld. Requests by the student to withhold directory information must be made to the campus Dean of Student Services. Directory information is defined as follows: (1) the student's name; (2) address; (3) telephone number; (4) date and place of birth; (5) major; (6) participation in officially recognized activities and sports; (7) weight and height of athletic team members; (8) dates of attendance; (9) degrees and awards received; (10) previous educational institutions attended, and (11) other similar information. Except as provided by law, data released to sources outside the college will be in aggregate form and no personally identifiable information will be made available. Further information concerning provisions of the Act may be obtained from the campus Dean of Student Services or the Administrative Dean of College Centers. Additional information can be found in Statement No. 714 of the Policies and Procedures Manual.
Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is to meet the educational and community needs in George, Harrison, Jackson, and Stone counties by providing superior instruction through traditional and technological formats to offer workforce pathways, certificates, diplomas, and associate transfer and applied degrees. The college embraces lifelong learning, productive citizenship, service learning, and leadership development in a dynamic and innovative learning environment.
Making a positive difference…
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College will be a globally competitive learning community with an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires excellence and accelerates achievement.
Accountability: An acceptance of responsibility for appropriate actions, obligations and duties.
Collaboration: A process that facilitates transfer of knowledge, skills and attainment of common goals.
Excellence: A motivation where the highest standards are viewed as benchmarks to surpass.
Integrity: A commitment to honesty and ethical behavior in all situations.
Leadership: A process of directing groups of people toward a common goal.
Respect: A feeling of esteem or regard for the unique qualities of all individuals.
Service: An action performed for others without the desire for personal gain.
Social Responsibility: An ethical, inclusive approach to serve and engage our community.
On September 5, 1911, the Harrison County School Board established the Harrison County Agricultural High School, an action that marked the beginning of the present-day Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. As an inducement to locate the school at the little town of Perkinston, a number of prominent citizens donated 566 acres of land and $626. Their efforts were successful and, with one building, Huff Hall, the institution began operation on September 17, 1912.
On June 5, 1916, Stone County was formed from the northern part of Harrison County, and the school continued under the dual support of both counties.
Realizing that a new educational concept, the junior college, was ideally suited to the needs of Mississippi, the Legislature in 1924 enabled the counties to cooperate with the state in offering education beyond the high school level to all who could profit from it and in their home community. One of the first junior colleges to be organized was founded in conjunction with the Harrison-Stone Agricultural High School. Jackson County added its support to the coming institution in the summer of 1925, and the new institution opened on September 14, 1925, as the Harrison-Stone-Jackson Agricultural High School and Junior College offering the first year of junior college work. Sophomore classes were added in the 1926-27 session, and the first class of one student finished on May 10, 1927. On July 15, 1942, George County added its support to the institution, which then took the official name of Perkinston Junior College.
The institution served the needs of its community endeavoring to fulfill its purpose: "To develop the cultural, intellectual and character resources of the people of this area, point the way to an economic livelihood based on natural resources, and promote responsible citizenship."
In May 1962, 50 years after its organization, the Agricultural High School division was discontinued, and local high schools provided for the youth of the community. On May 10, 1962, the governor of the state of Mississippi signed into law House Bill 597, which created the Mississippi Gulf Coast Junior College District. This bill wiped out county lines as far as the college was concerned. The District became a single unit in which each taxpayer shared equally to support junior college education for the area. The District was founded to bring higher education to the people so they could train and/or retrain to meet the needs of business and industry; to enable young people to live at home, hold jobs and go to school; and to bring cultural as well as academic enrichment to people of all ages.
In September 1965, Mississippi Gulf Coast Junior College became a tri-campus institution when two new campuses were opened on the Gulf Coast – Jefferson Davis Campus in Handsboro (renamed Harrison County Campus in 2020) and Jackson County Campus in Gautier. In 1965, the Seabee Base Manpower Training Center (founded the previous year) became a branch of the new Jefferson Davis Campus. After its removal to the Industrial Seaway in 1968, this branch took the name Harrison County Occupational Training Center. In 1972, the George County Occupational Training Center (renamed George County Center in 2001) opened in Lucedale as a branch of Perkinston Campus. In 1973, the Keesler Center opened at Keesler Air Force Base as a branch of the Jefferson Davis Campus. In 1985, the West Harrison County Occupational Training Center (renamed West Harrison County Center in 2001) opened in Long Beach as a branch of the Jefferson Davis Campus.
To clearly reflect the comprehensive nature of the college, the name was changed on October 1, 1987, to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
In spring 1991, the college relocated the Harrison County Occupational Training Center to Intraplex 10 with the opening of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Applied Technology and Development Center. In spring 2007, the center's name was changed to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center. Established as a partnership among Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Mississippi Power Company and the Harrison County Development Commission, the center was founded to serve as a training facility in support of economic development activities on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. In 1996, a campus "without walls" concept was introduced, resulting in a fourth campus called Community Campus.
In August 2000, the Naval Construction Battalion Center at the Seabee Base in Gulfport was established as part of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Classes began in January 2001, providing even more services to meet the diverse needs of Gulf Coast residents, both military and civilian. The Gulf Coast office at the base is in the Moreell Building, which is just inside the Broad Avenue entrance in Gulfport.
Two other centers have been added to the college since that time. The Haley Reeves Barbour Maritime Training Academy in Pascagoula opened in 2013 and the Nursing and Simulation Center at the Bryant Center at Tradition, located in Biloxi, in 2018. Those two centers bring the college total to 10 campuses and centers throughout its four-county district. For-profit facilities are also located at the three main campuses, including the Estuarine Education Center at the Jackson County Campus (2007), the Hospitality Resort Management Center at the Jefferson Davis Campus (2012) and the King Center at the Perkinston Campus (2016). In late 2018 and early 2019, groundbreaking ceremonies were held for expansions on each of the three main campuses, with construction on all to be completed by 2020. The new facilities include a 54,000-square-foot Immersive Media Performing Arts Center (iMPAC) at the Jefferson Davis Campus; a 57,331-square-foot residence hall and 24,717-square-foot Student Union on the Perkinston Campus; and the renovation and additions of a 91,150-square-foot Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Building at the Jackson County Campus.
Chief Executive Officers
At its establishment, the chief executive of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College was designated as the Superintendent.
In 1941, Albert Louis May became the first executive official designated as President.
The following individuals have served as the chief executive officers of this institution:
|James Andrew Huff
|John Jefferson Dawsey
|Thomas Ira Cook
|Jefferson Lee Denson
|Cooper J. Darby
|Albert Louis May
|Julius John Hayden, Jr.
|Barry Lee Mellinger
|Willis H. Lott
|Mary S. Graham
The emphasis in the organization and operation of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is that it is a single institutional entity with three traditional campus locations, four centers and a non-traditional campus without walls. The relationships of personnel on each of the four campuses to college administrative staff are the same personnel administrative relationships, which would be found on a single campus. The same general policies, philosophies of operations, purposes and objectives, as well as the same procedural methods, apply to all campuses equally, and exceptions can be made only when based on purely local factors.
The relationships of personnel on each of the three traditional campuses should always be close cooperation, articulation, and coordination among the campuses of the college. Individual differences that arise from differing student body characteristics, geographic locations, or purely local factors are respected, and their effects on procedure or policies are recognized as long as local decisions do not alter college administrative policies.
With the exception of certain courses and specialized areas, the three traditional campuses offer essentially the same basic instructional program. Course numbers and descriptions in the catalog, course outlines, textbooks, and supplementary materials apply to all campuses. Close departmental coordination among campuses helps insure all students' optimum uniformity of instructional quality.
Jackson County Campus
The campus is located five miles west of Pascagoula, adjacent to a major four-lane highway, U.S. 90 at Gautier. A direct access road to Interstate 10, 3.5 miles north of the campus, makes it easily accessible to the whole Coastal area. Well-maintained state and county roads connect with the traffic artery.
The Warner Peterson Administration Building was constructed in 2002 and houses the office of the Vice President, Deans of Instruction, Student Services and Business Services, Assistant Dean of Instruction, Financial Services and Business Services along with two classrooms and a lecture hall.
The Science Building was originally built in 1964 and fully renovated in 2000. This single-story, circular building, is two hundred forty feet in diameter. It houses science lecture halls and laboratories.
The Physical Plant facility was built in 1965 and renovated in 1974 and 1978. This building accommodates the central power plant that furnishes heat, air-conditioning, and water facilities for the campus complex.
The Drafting/Design Technology Building was constructed in 1965 and renovated in 2011. This two-story, circular building is home to the drafting and design technology department and the on-line testing lab. Campus Police is also housed in this building.
The Career & Technical Education Building was built in 1968 and houses various career-technical education offices, electronics, welding, electrical technology, telecommunications technology, and other career and technical programs and classrooms.
The Curtis L. Davis Health/Physical/Aquatic Education Building was constructed in 1972 and houses the health and physical education department along with multi-purpose stage facilities. An Olympic-size, enclosed, heated swimming pool is adjacent to the building.
The Fine Arts Building features music, art and drama education. This building is home to the Fine Arts Department and was constructed in 1976. A 472-seat auditorium with a fully equipped stage for all types of theatrical productions and an art gallery are also part of this building.
The Multi-Craft Building is a career-technical education building erected in 1976.
The Allied Health Programs Building was constructed in 1982. This building provides instructor offices, classrooms, and laboratories for the medical laboratory technology, radiologic technology, and respiratory care technology programs.
The Child Development Technology Building is a child-care facility built in 1989 and is used for learning experiences for the Child Development Technology program students, consisting of two rooms for the care of children 2-4 years old, kitchen, and office facilities.
The Student Center was built in 1994 and houses the cafeteria, bookstore, private dining room, and a conference room. There is also a patio area for outside dining.
The Learning Resource Center was originally built in 1974 and houses the library on the second floor. In 1990, the first level was enclosed to provide a Learning Resource Center and classrooms. A third addition was built in 1996 on the second level for additional classroom space.
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Building was built in 1995 with additions and renovations in 2020 and houses science, technology, engineering, and mathematics classrooms, labs and offices.
The Admissions and Counseling Building was built in 1997 and houses Admissions and Records, CTE Support Services, Counseling, Recruitment, and Veterans Services.
The Business & Office Technology Building was built in 1991 and houses the Business and Office Technology program and Academic Business.
The Maintenance Building was completed in 2009 and houses the maintenance, grounds and housekeeping departments.
The Estuarine Education Center opened in January 2008 and serves as an outdoor laboratory to students in outdoor recreation, and biology, environmental, and marine science classes. Facilities that lie within the 40-acres of estuary land include the Outdoor Recreation Leadership building, Natural Resource and Environmental Studies building, Greenhouse, Outdoor Pavilion, Johnston Island, and the Ropes Challenge Course. The center serves the public as well as the students and employees of MGCCC. Everyone is welcome!
Haley Reeves Barbour Maritime Training Academy
The Haley Reeves Barbour Maritime Training Academy, located just outside the main gate of Ingalls Shipbuilding in Pascagoula, was established in 2013 to meet the training needs of apprentices as outlined by the U.S. Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeships. It includes 44 rooms for classroom space, computer lab space, and laboratory space, along with dedicated library space and office space for student services and faculty. Students who complete an approved apprenticeship program in one of 15 craft areas may receive 30 semester hours toward an Associate of Applied Science degree in Maritime Technology.
Harrison County Campus
This campus is comprised of 120 acres of land located one and three-quarter miles north of U.S. Highway 90, midway between Gulfport and Biloxi. The award-winning architectural design of the building complex features 22 structures to include several landscaped courtyards. Covered walkways not only provide sheltered passage but also form a visual tie for the complex and carry utilities throughout the complex, including air-conditioning.
The Business Building houses fifteen faculty offices, seven lecture rooms, a paralegal law library, and four computer labs.
The Computer Center houses the District Information Technology Department, which services all campuses and centers.
The Music Building is actually three buildings. The smaller building contains the Music Department with studio offices, practice rooms, rehearsal hall, work room, storage room, and pottery studio.
The Fine Arts Building is a large building containing a sculpture lab, large multi-purpose room, six general classrooms, theatre with seating for 451 persons, two complete dressing rooms, costume workshop, scene shop, art gallery, and seven offices.
The Arena Theater houses a 200-seat arena theatre and two offices and includes a scene shop and two large dressing rooms.
The Science Annex Building houses six offices for instructors, two lecture rooms, and a science computer lab.
The Science Building houses eleven offices for instructors, a computer lab, seven large lecture rooms, physics laboratory, inorganic chemistry laboratory, organic chemistry laboratory, general biology laboratory, zoology laboratory, vivarium and greenhouse, a microbiology laboratory, and two anatomy and physiology labs. Each laboratory adjoins spacious storerooms and preparation rooms.
The Learning Lab is a comprehensive, yet comfortable, academic tutoring facility open to all students that provides one-on-one instruction, small group instruction, and technology-enhanced instruction in English, mathematics and science and internet accessible computers.
The Academic Classroom Building houses fifteen general classrooms of varying size. Classrooms in this building are used interchangeably for the general education courses.
The Library is a pleasant, comfortable, well-lit facility that contains a large reference and general collection. Immediate linking is provided from any campus or remote site to the more than 100,000 books and videos housed in the three campus libraries by the Sirsi system, our automated library catalog. Advanced electronic capabilities through MELO, MAGNOLIA, and our college resources enable our library to provide up-to-date Internet access for online and campus student research. The library is also where the University Transfer Center is located.
The Media Services Building provides faculty and students with audiovisual technology, equipment, materials, and support for classroom and academic projects.
The Administration Building houses a large commons area for student lounging, Cyber Café general circulation area, and evening coordinator offices. Administrative offices include offices for the Vice President, Deans of Business Services and Instruction, in addition to two conference rooms and lobby area.
The Physical Plant contains a large equipment room which houses the boilers, cold generating equipment and water-heating equipment providing air conditioning, heating and hot water for the entire campus. This building also contains a central control room for monitoring the operation of the central plant and the operation of air conditioning in all buildings campus-wide. The Physical Education Building contains two classrooms, five offices, storage and supply rooms, four student dressing rooms, a fitness center, restrooms, a gymnasium playing area which could be used for a full basketball court and/or used for two smaller cross courts, and a stage area which doubles as a physical activities area. An Olympic size heated swimming pool adjoins this building.
The Career/Technical Complex — Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Building contains large laboratories and classrooms. In addition, it contains the High School Equivalency, Adult Skills and English as a Second Language Program.
The Career/Technical Complex — Auto Body and Automotive Technology Building contains large laboratories, and classrooms, faculty offices, storage and supply rooms.
The Career/Technical Complex — Residential, Commercial and Industrial Electricity Building contains two large laboratories, planning rooms, instructor offices, storage, and supply rooms.
The Career/Technical Complex — Construction Engineering Technology Building contains classrooms and computer lab. This building also contains five offices, two restrooms, mechanical and electrical equipment rooms and miscellaneous storage rooms.
The Career/Technical Complex building contains a large conference room, general classrooms, storage facilities, four other offices, the Interpreter Training classroom and lab, and Career-Technical computer lab.
The Career and Technical Annex houses six faculty offices and eight Computer Information Systems Technology classrooms/labs.
Early Childhood Education Building: This building houses the Early Childhood Education Technology Program, serving as a laboratory for the students enrolled in the Early Childhood Education Technology Program. The facility houses a pre-school consisting of an infant room, two year old room, three year old room and a four year old room where students gain practical learning experiences in working with pre-school children.
Eula W. Switzer Building has four large classrooms, one large laboratory, one large storage room, one small laboratory, seventeen faculty offices, conference room, workroom, secretary's office, and administrative office.
The Hospitality and Resort Management Center opened in 2014 and houses Hotel Restaurant Management, Culinary, Baking and Pastry Arts, Banquet and Catering Service, and Business & Marketing Management. The facility contains four kitchens, providing students and community with access to a demonstration kitchen, baking kitchen, production kitchen and teaching kitchen. Space provided includes a mock guest room, front desk operation, faculty and administration offices, student lounge, and lockers. The facility also provides over 5,600 square feet of conference space and over 2,200 square feet of dining space. The facility also contains four computer labs and six large classrooms for instruction.
The Educational Development Building houses eight offices, academic classrooms, a storage area, two student and two faculty restrooms, and four labs for developmental classes.
The Maintenance Building is a one-story metal and brick combination building located in the back of the campus that houses maintenance, shipping and receiving, grounds department, housekeeping and superintendent and assistant superintendent of maintenance and grounds.
The Student Services Building is a multi-story building located on the southwest corner of the campus facing Switzer Road. The first floor houses the Enrollment Services Center, the Military Services Center and Lounge, Admissions-Records and Financial Aid Processing. The Dean of Student Services and Enrollment Management office, the Assessment Center, and the Multi-Purpose Room U202 are found on the second floor.
Building A houses the Campus Police Department, Welcome Center and Recruitment office and is located on the South walkway.
The Math and Computer Science Building houses ten faculty offices, seven lecture rooms, four computer labs, and a workroom.
The Cafeteria includes a large student dining area, two large banquet rooms, faculty dining room, and a full service kitchen and grill area with large serving area.
Advanced Manufacturing & Technology Center
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, formerly the Applied Technology and Development Center, is located in Intraplex 10 of the Bayou Bernard Industrial District. The Center was initially established as a joint partnership between the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Mississippi Power Company, and the Harrison County Development Commission.
The purpose of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center (AMTC) is to (a) provide advanced manufacturing, industrial, technical, and professional skills training, (b) serve as a model for cooperation between education and business for the State of Mississippi, (c) assist and support economic development activities on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and (d) provide administrative services for the Community Campus.
The Bryant Center, located in Biloxi on Hwy. 67 was constructed in 2018 to consolidate Nursing programs formerly located at campuses and centers throughout the district. The Center offers Nursing programs, Continuing Education, and Workforce Development courses.
The Center is located in Room 221 of the Sablich Building on Keesler Air Force Base (AFB). This center was established in 1973 to serve the active military and their dependents, retired military and their dependents, civilian workers on Keesler AFB, and other civilians in the community on a space available basis. The Center offers evening courses in an accelerated format of two eight week terms in a semester. All academic courses lead to a Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Associate of Arts degree, Associate of Applied Science degree, or the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Associate degree.
Naval Construction Battalion Center
The Naval Construction Battalion Center is located in the Moreell Building just inside the Broad Avenue entrance to the Navy Base.
In August 2000, the center was established as part of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Classes began in January 2001, providing services to meet the diverse needs of Gulf Coast residents, both military and civilian.
The Center welcomes military and non-military personnel, civil service, dependents of the military, and civilians in the community.
Students can apply, register and pick up books all in the same office. Taking classes at the Naval Construction Battalion Center allow you to work toward an Associate of Arts degree. Fall and spring classes meet two nights during the week, and summer classes meet one night a week. Short-term classes are also available during the weekend.
West Harrison County Center
The West Harrison County Center is located in the Industrial Park in Long Beach at the corner of Espy Avenue and B Street. The Center offers post-secondary career and technical programs, Adult Education, and workforce development training, and provides space for economic development efforts.
The Administration building houses eight classrooms, a commercial kitchen with adjoining serving room, computer lab, conference rooms and administrative offices.
The Multi-Purpose building houses six flexible sized classrooms, laboratory space, computer lab, and faculty offices.
The Career & Technical Education building houses three large laboratories, classrooms, and faculty offices.
The Aquaculture building houses four classrooms and laboratory spaces and faculty offices.
Post-secondary programs include Massage Therapy, Cosmetology, Commercial Truck Driving, Welding and Health Care Assistant.
The Perkinston Campus is located on U.S. Highway 49 in Perkinston, thirty miles north of the Mississippi Gulf Coast in the heart of the long-leaf pine region of Mississippi. Excellent highways make it readily accessible to all parts of the supporting area. Its proximity to a number of larger towns and cities makes it possible for students to sample a wealth of off-campus, cultural opportunities.
The college owns 508 acres of land at Perkinston, the main campus accounting for approximately 130 acres. The campus buildings are conveniently located, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped.
The A.L. May Memorial Stadium, constructed in 1948 and renovated in 2000, has a seating capacity of 5,000 and includes the George Sekul Field, a press box, dressing room, storage area for equipment and is completely fenced. In 2008, 160 chair-back seats were added and a football playing field of synthetic turf and new track were installed in 2009.
The Alumni House (formerly president's residence) has been renovated by the MGCCC Alumni Association and Foundation for college Archives.
Andrews Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed for women students in 1979. This residence hall accommodates 198 residents and was refurbished in 2008.
The Athletic Performance Facility was constructed in 2011 and houses training equipment for all college athletic teams.
The Barry L. Mellinger Student Center was constructed in 1982 with additions made in 1993 and 2006. This building houses the bookstore, wellness center, and a student grill as well as many other student activities.
The Baseball/Softball Complex was constructed in 2009 and provides dressing rooms, locker room areas, coaches' offices, equipment storage and indoor batting cages for the baseball and softball athletic teams.
Canizaro Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed in 2007. The residence hall accommodates 80 residents.
The Community Arts Center was originally constructed in 1941 as a dairy barn and was later converted to office space. In 2014 a major renovation was completed that transformed the facility into a studio and gallery for community education and appreciation of the arts.
Darby Hall is a two-story, brick structure built in 1957.
Dees Hall is a split-level, multi-storied building completed in 1968 to house the campus library. After the completion of the Willis H. Lott Learning Resources Center in 2011, Dees Hall was renovated and now contains, faculty offices, academic classrooms, business office, enrollment center, and the campus network infrastructure.
Denson Hall is a two-story classroom building located on the quadrangle. It was built in 1971 and houses the Developmental Studies and Language Arts departments.
The Driving Range Facility was constructed in 2014, this facility is located adjacent to the driving range and contains restroom facilities. meeting/locker room, and office space.
The Early Childhood Education Technology Building was constructed in 2020 and houses the Early Childhood Education Technology program.
George Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed for men students in 2007 and accommodates 80 residents.
The Golf Turf Building is the Horticulture and Golf/Recreational Turf Management Technologies Lab and classroom.
The Gregory War Memorial Chapel was completed in 1947 and provides a place for all types of religious functions. It was completely remodeled in 2001.
Harrison Hall is a two-story residence hall constructed in 1938 and was completely renovated in 2018, now housing college administrative offices.
Hayden Hall, constructed in 1987, is a two-story structure made up of one main lobby, spacious courtyards, and 100 rooms, which accommodates 200 residents. Each room opens into a courtyard area. The hall was refurbished in 2008.
Heidelberg Hall, constructed in 1959, houses the cafeteria. The main floor of this building houses the cafeteria and private dining rooms. An addition was made including a new kitchen and serving area along with renovations to the old dining area and kitchen in 1997-98.
Hinton Hall is a fireproof structure built in 1959 and was completely remodeled and refurbished in 1983-84. An addition was completed in 2007 and named the Clyde Strickland Science Complex. It houses all areas for the teaching of science, including a modern computer technology and mathematic department and the academic business department.
Huff Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed in 1911. It houses college administrative offices.
Jackson Hall is a two-story brick building constructed in 1915 and houses some of the college administrative offices. It was completely remodeled and refurbished in 2001.
J. E. Bryan Hall is a two-story residence hall opened in the fall of 2005. The building has 25 two room suites that share bathroom facilities. Each room will accommodate two students with a total capacity of 100.
The King Center, constructed in 2016, consists of meeting/classroom space, athletic training room, the Athletic Department, office space, football locker room, Pressbox, and suites.
Malone Hall, constructed in 1972, is a fine arts center with the music and drama departments. There is a theatre, which seats 463 persons. Renovations to the building in 1998 include a black box theatre.
The Maintenance/Transportation/Technology Services Center was constructed in 2008 and houses the college transportation services, Perk Campus maintenance services, and the college construction management and technology services.
Moran Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed 1970. This residence hall accommodates 84 residents and was refurbished in 2008.
The New Residence Hall is a three-story residence hall constructed in 2020. This residence hall can accommodate 206 residents.
Owen Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed in 1970. This building accommodates 88 residents and was refurbished in 2008.
The Sam P. Jones, Jr. Band Hall was constructed in 1998 and is used by the Band of Gold and music classes.
Stone Hall, originally constructed in 1915 as a residence hall for male students, was renovated in 1996 to house the Educational Services Center, Housing Office, Assessment Center, and Veterans Affairs Center.
The Tennis Complex was constructed in 2014, this facility features eight (8) lighted tennis courts and an entrance structure containing men's and women's locker rooms, restrooms, office space, and storage space.
Weeks Hall, constructed in 1974, houses some of the career-technical programs for the Perkinston Campus. An addition was made in 1997-98 and will house the Physical Therapy Assisting and the Occupational Therapy Assistant programs once approved. Additional renovations have been done to student restrooms and to add classroom space.
The Weathers/Wentzell Center, constructed in 1957 and refurbished in 2006, 2008, and 2018 houses the main gymnasium with a seating capacity of 1,500, as well as dressing rooms.
The Willis H. Lott Learning Resource Center, constructed in 2011, contains the library and affiliated offices, media center, and learning lab. The facility also contains a coffee shop with an outside patio.
The Visual Arts Center was constructed in 2009and houses the Fine Arts department and includes classrooms, offices, kiln room, darkroom, and data room.
George County Center
The George County Center, located in Lucedale on Hwy. 63 South was constructed in 1972. The Center offers Career and Technical programs, Allied Health, Continuing Education, Academic, and Adult Education courses.
In 2009, the George County Center opened the Academic Building which includes a lecture hall, computer lab and academic classrooms.
Post-secondary programs include Apprentice Electric Lineman, Welding, Cosmetology, Electrical Technology, and Health Care Assistant.